You are viewing the article What is AMD video card? Popular AMD card lines that you should know at daotaomt.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
AMD video cards are equipped with many modern technologies, making graphic design, gaming or video creation faster and smoother. So let’s find out with Daotaomt.edu.vn about the popular AMD cards being used for laptops or PCs today!
AMD video card overview
What is AMD video card?
AMD video card, also known as AMD graphics card, is designed and manufactured by AMD. This type of video card is often used on desktop computers and laptops.
AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) is a multinational corporation founded in 1969 , headquartered in Santa Clara (California) and Austin (Texas) in the US, specializing in the production of electronic components, semiconductor chips and processors. Graphics.
AMD’s outstanding technologies
- FreeSync technology : Helps optimize images, minimizing lag to bring more real and vivid feeling when playing games, watching movies and more.
- DirectX 12 Technology : Boosts performance for multitasking, contributing to increased frame rates (FPS) and reduced ping while gaming.
- TressFX Hair technology : Helps display detailed, vivid images when playing high-graphics games.
- AMD CrossFire Technology : Supports discrete graphics cards to work efficiently, increasing gaming performance.
- Virtual Super Resolution Technology : Enhance image resolution up to 4K.
- AMD OverDrive Technology : Supports overclocking and fan speed regulation, thereby contributing to increased performance and better temperature control generated by the video card.
- AMD XConnect technology : Supports users to connect computers to external video cards via USB, often found on thin and light laptops.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology : Expands screen space, allowing users to connect multiple monitors together.
Current popular AMD video cards
Integrated AMD series of video cards
- AMD Ryzen series cards : Belonging to the gaming graphics card line, there are many product lines with increasing performance are Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9. This card is built on the 14nm process, commonly used Using integrated graphics core, large memory and low cost.
- AMD Radeon 520 video card : Usually has good graphics performance, used for mid-range laptops, meeting office tasks and playing games with average configuration.
- AMD Radeon 530 video card : Performance is about 10% better than AMD Radeon 520 video card, meeting the needs of gaming at an average configuration.
- AMD FirePro M5100 video card : Stable performance, can save power and good battery life, belongs to the mid-range graphics card line for mobile workstations and users can play some 3D games.
- AMD FirePro M6100 video card : Belonging to the line of high-end graphics cards for mobile workstations, with high clock speed, it provides stable and smooth 3D gaming performance. However, this type of card has quite high power consumption.
Series of discrete AMD graphics cards
- AMD Firepro W series card : Belongs to the line of graphics cards used for workstations and servers, focusing on graphic design and display capabilities. This card has many versions, W5000, W7000, W8000 and W9000.
- AMD FirePro V series card : Belonging to the line of dedicated graphics cards, with strong performance and sharp image quality, especially the FirePro V7900 card version.
- AMD Firepro M series card : The company’s line of professional graphics cards, often integrated on graphics laptops. This card has many versions: M5950, M5100, … and M6100.
AMD discrete video card series specialized in Gaming
- AMD Radeon RX 6000 series cards : AMD’s best-selling card series, built on the new RDNA 2 architecture and powerful performance. This card is available in 4 versions : 6800 GT, 6700 XT, 6800 XT and 6900 XT.
- AMD Radeon RX 5000 series card : Produced on RDNA structure , which increases machine performance by 50% , integrated with image processing functions such as Radeon Image Sharpening and FidelityFX .
- AMD Radeon RX Vega series cards : Built on the GCN (Graphics Core Next) architecture , commonly used on AMD’s APU product lines.
- AMD Radeon RX 500 series cards : AMD’s oldest mid-range and low-end graphics cards, built on the 4th generation GCN architecture .
- AMD Radeon Pro series cards : Integrated with many advanced features and technologies, used on workstations and also a line of graphics cards for businesses.
Should I buy an AMD video card to use?
Through the sharing above, you can see that AMD video cards have many types, suitable for different laptops and computers. Moreover, AMD video cards are also reasonably priced but can still meet basic needs such as gaming and graphics with good performance.
Therefore, you can choose to buy a laptop or PC using AMD video cards according to your personal needs, the price will be much cheaper than equipment using video cards from other high-end brands.
So, you already know what an AMD video card is along with the popular AMD lines before you plan to choose a device using this video card!
Thank you for reading this post What is AMD video card? Popular AMD card lines that you should know at daotaomt.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.